Thursday, October 12, 2006

 

From volunteering to teaching

When I started this blog, I didnt know what I was getting into. I enjoy reading other people's blogs, such as Alicia's http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com, or Farmgirl Fare ( www.foodiefarmgirl.blogspot.com). I get lost in their adventures and day to day lives. I now see how much time and energy they put into their postings.

When I started this blog, I was a stay-at-home mom who also ran a cottage soapmaking business. I had a lot more free time that I could have devoted to my blog. Things have changed a bit this school year. I was offered a job as a pre-school aide at our little co-op nursery school. I love volunteering at my girls' school, so I thought what the heck. I can still be home to take the girls to school, still be off work to pick them up from school, summer's off, the nursery school is on the district schedule, so any days the girls have off, I do too. Its great! The kids in the classes are hilarious. You never know what they are going to say or do.

As much as I love doing what Im doing, its zapping all of my time. My house is a wreck, Im always tired, Im grouchy- not like me at all. But, I want to keep doing it. I had decided this summer that I was going to "close up the store" and quit the business side of soapmaking for awhile. My heart just isnt in it. Oh, Ill still make it for our own personal use, but nothing much more than that. I guess my life is taking on a different direction.

I know its going to be a time management thing to get me on a schedule with a job, but by eliminating 1 of my full-time jobs ( I strongly feel being a mom IS a full time job), Ill be able to get back to the things I enjoyed that I just didnt have the time for with the business.

* If Im co-homeroom mom for both girls classes this year, I want to be at the parties, bake the cookies, make the treatbags.
* I want to make it to ALL of my youngest daugthers soccer games, not miss due to Farmer's Market.
* I want to re-plant all of the herbs that I let die due to neglect. I want to add some new ones.
* I want to host dinner parties again and not have the dining room overtaking with piles of soap.
* I want to be more dedicated to the blog and hopefully make a few friends in the process.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?